Wednesday, September 3, 2008

first post

Hi.  This is the blog for Eric's experiences as he teaches (or, attempts to help teach) a high school class this year.  On Monday we meet with the teachers whose classrooms we can potentially serve in- and I'm pretty excited.  Right now I think I'm leaning towards math, but with all the idiocy about creationism in the news it might also be fun to teach biology.  Regardless of the subject, I hope I'll be helpful and a good example of a scientist.  Just look at what one 7th grade class thought of scientists before they met real researchers at Fermilab!  As a side note, if you look through all the pictures in that link, many students seem to have chosen a man with a striped shirt and goatee as their new canonical scientist.  I wonder who they met at Fermilab that fits this description.

No comments: